Head’s up (ahem, fellas)…Valentine’s Day is tomorrow and it’s not too late to plan a special date for you and that special someone! If you’re looking for something a bit outside the box or if dinner reservations aren’t your thing, consider these fun date ideas from your friends at D.R. Horton.
Get Outdoors (If Weather Permits)
- Go on a picnic
- Go on a nature hike
- Grab a cup of coffee and stroll around your “dream neighborhood”
- Go to the zoo
- Go horseback riding
Cozy Up Inside
- Have a movie marathon with your favorite take-out
- Have an indoor campout, complete with blanket forts and junk food
- Cook your favorite meal together at home
- Enjoy dinner at home but go out for dessert or drinks
- Roast marshmallows or cook s’mores in your fireplace or fire pit
Romantic Recreational Rendezvous
- Take dance lessons.
- Book a couple’s massage.
- Take a cooking class.
- Go to a chocolate or wine tasting.
- Take an art class – no skill required!
- Have a museum day.
Play, Explore, & Live Locally
- Visit the local pub and play a game of darts or pool.
- Play putt-putt, ride go-karts, go bowling, take a trip to the arcade or play laser tag.
- Be tourists and take that Segway tour, double decker bus tour, or visit the closest historical site.
- Go to a concert – if your favorite venue is sold out, check out local bars, clubs or restaurants for live music.
- Visit the local theater or comedy show.
- Challenge your problem solving skills with a visit to a puzzle room.
- Attend a local sporting event.
Think Outside the Box
- Volunteer together at your favorite local charity or visit a nearby nursing home and drop off flowers or cards.
- Go to the nearby dollar store and buy something for the other person that you think they’d love.
- Create a scavenger hunt for each other – at the end could be the other person’s favorite dessert or treat.
- Write down your favorite diners or cafes (or anywhere you won’t need a reservation) on a piece of paper and throw them in a bowl – then draw where you will go that day/evening.
What other date ideas do you have up your sleeve? Share with us in the comments below.